Career And College Prep
Business Management & Administration
Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathways are offered?
Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to work in a business setting to direct advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations policies for businesses, corporations, nonprofits, and other organizations.
General Management—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative assistant
- Administrative services manager
- Benefits specialist
- Bill and account collector
- Business consultant
- Customer service representative
- Human resources manager
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Accounting – Basic
- NOCTI Accounting – Advanced
- A*S*K Fundamental Business Concepts exam
- A*S*K Entrepreneurship exam
- Certiport Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management