CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Arts, AV Technology & Communications
Your Platform Awaits
Put both your creative spirit and your technical mind to work to create visual assets for the digital world. Your talent could take you anywhere from education to entertainment to advertising and beyond!
Which pathways are offered?
Digital Design—This pathway prepares students to design, produce, and publish multimedia content, including visual and performing arts and design.
Digital Photography—This pathway is designed for students who want to enhance their photographic knowledge and abilities, emphasizing skills used in commercial photography.
Fashion & Interior Design—Students learn how to make interior spaces safe and functional or how to sketch designs of clothing, footwear, and accessories that can be sold worldwide.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Interior designer
- Fashion designer
- Fashion illustrator
- 3D animator
- Digital assistant designer
- Graphic designer
- Information technology assistant
- Multimedia artist or designer
- Production assistant
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like with this career?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- NOCTI Interactive Media
- NOCTI Visual Communications and Interactive Media Design
- NOCTI Interior Decorating and Design
- Adobe Certified Professional:
- Graphic Design & Illustration (Illustrator)
- Visual Design (Photoshop)
- Print & Digital Media Publication (InDesign)
- Adobe Specialty Credential — Certified Professional:
- Visual Design (Photoshop + Illustrator or InDesign)